Films & Other Videos
Films with: Guggenheim, Charles
- Island of hope -- island of tears the story of Ellis Island : the American Immigration experience /
- Island of Hope - Island of Tears is the story of Ellis Island and a tribute to the over 18 million immigrants who journeyed to America in search of freedom and opportunity. These immigrants' stories are told as they bravely faced the unknown, from the time they left their homelands to the moment the doors of Ellis opened, revealing the great promise of America.--Container.
- DVD 8790
- Making of Liberty
- "Tells the history of America's most famous symbol from its conception by her creator, August Bartholdi, through her construction in 1868 and the restoration for her rededication in New York harbor on the Fourth of July in 1986 ... The story of the building and rebuilding of a monument embodying the American experience, as seen through the eyes of the French and American artisans and laborers whose work was separated by a century, but whose vision transcended time"--Container.
- DVD 8789
- Place in the land
- Explores the evolution of land stewardship in America, as reflected in the property Billings Farm, through the work of George Perkins Marsh, Frederick Billings, and Laurance S. Rockefeller, successive residents of th estate.
- DVD 12323
- Shadow of hate a history of intolerance in America.
- This documentary examines 4 centuries of United States history in order to understand the country's record of intolerance.
- DVD 11931