Films & Other Videos
Films with: Guédiguian, Robert
- Armée du crime Army of crime /
- In Paris, 1941, Armenian poet Missak Manouchian leads a motley crew of foreign-born resistance fighters in clandestine battle against the Nazi occupation. An initially reluctant Manouchian and his team must resort to guerilla tactics and radical measures in the name of liberty. News of their daring attacks, including the assassination of an SS general, eventually reaches Berlin.
- DVD 8638
- Jeune Karl Marx The young Karl Marx /
- Twenty six year-old Karl Marx embarks with his wife, Jenny, on the road to exile. In 1844 Paris, he meets Friedrich Engels, an industrialist's son, who investigated the sordid birth of the British working-class. Engels, the dandy, provides the last piece of the puzzle to the young Karl Marx's new vision of the world. Together, between censorship and the police's repression, riots and political upheavals, they will lead the labor movement during its development into a modern era.
- DVD 12806
- Marius et Jeannette Marius and Jeannette /
- "In a small port outside of Marseilles, an animated circle of friends and neighbors join to share in the funny, colorful and off-beat love story of Marius and Jeannette. The vivacious, loud-mouthed Jeannette first meets Marius when he catches her trying to steal paint from the grounds of the cement factory he was hired to guard. Although it's a precarious beginning, the two quickly turn their initial attraction into a budding romance. However, just as their relationship begins to flourish, the warm-hearted Marius retreats with no explanation. Troubled with Marius' mysterious withdrawal, Jeannette's spirited neighbors decide to intervene with hopes of helping the two unlikely lovers save their romance"--Container.
- DVD 9060