Films & Other Videos
Films with: Griffin, T.
- Charm City
- Delivering a candid portrait of citizens, police, community advocates, and government officials on the frontlines during three years of unparalleled, escalating violence in Baltimore. The film highlights the positive actions undertaken by groups and individuals, who come together to rebuild, heal, and forge a better way forward.
- DVD 13110
- Children of invention
- After being evicted, hardworking single mom Elaine Cheng tries to maintain a normal life for her children, Raymond and Tina. They squat in a Boston apartment as Elaine juggles a number of jobs, including working for a questionable pyramid scheme. When Elaine doesn't return home one night, nobody knows the kids are home alone, and they are left to fend for themselves. Raymond, a budding inventor, realizes he needs to come up with a plan to take care of his little sister.
- DVD 7748
- Life, animated
- "At three years old, a chatty, energetic little boy named Owen Suskind suddenly stopped speaking and disappeared into autism. Almost four years passed and the only thing that seemed to engage Owen were Disney films. Then one day his father donned one of his son's puppets--Iago, the wisecracking parrot from Aladdin--and asked 'What's it like to be you?' Suddenly, Owen responded to his father using dialogue from the movie ... Life, Animated tells the remarkable story of how Owen found a pathway to language and a framework for making sense of the world through Disney animated films. By evocatively interweaving classic Disney sequences with vérité scene's from Owen's life, the film explores how identification and empathy with characters like Simba, Jafar and Ariel create a context for him to understand his feelings and interpret reality"--Container.
- DVD 12069
- Mr. Cao goes to Washington
- "Follows the unexpected journey of Rep. Joseph Cao--the first Vietnamese American elected to the US Congress, the only non-white House Republican of the 111th Congress, and the only Republican to vote for President Obama's Health Care Reform Bill. Will Cao keep his integrity and his idealism intact?"-- http://www.newday.com/films/mrcaogoestowashington.html
- DVD 9500
- An intimate portrait of job-seekers desperately chasing the broken American Dream to the tiny oil boom town of Williston, North Dakota. With the town lacking the infrastructure to house the overflow of migrants, a local pastor starts the controversial 'overnighters' program, allowing down-and-out workers a place to sleep at the church. His well-meaning project immediately runs into resistance with his community, forcing the clergyman to make a decision which leads to profound consequences.
- DVD 10868
- When a servicewoman returns home following a tour of duty in Iraq, she expects to settle back into her former civilian life. Instead, she is hit with the difficult realization that the world she left behind is no longer waiting for her.
- DVD 8981