Films & Other Videos
Films with: Gleason, James
- Betty Smith's A tree grows in Brooklyn
- In pre-WWI Brooklyn, young Francie struggles to keep her idealism alive in the face of grinding poverty, her father's alcoholism, and the comedies and tragedies of ordinary life.
- DVD 9948
- Forbidden Hollywood collection.
- Five classic films that offer a rare glimpse at a lost era of "pre-code" provocative filmmaking.
- DVD 6360
- Here comes Mr. Jordan
- Joe is a boxer who is headed for a championship fight when he is killed in a plane crash. Unfortunately for Joe, he was not supposed to die in the crash, but was instead brought up to heaven too soon by an overeager angel. It is now up to Mr. Jordan, the angel's boss, to find Joe a new body and give him another chance to fight for the title. Joe meets an idealistic young woman to whom he is immediately smitten, and she gives him a reason to live beyond prize fighting.
- DVD 8128
- Meet John Doe
- "John Doe," a genial and aimless tramp, is hoaxed into protesting against existing social evils as a newspaper circulation stunt. He pleas to the "little man" for brotherly love and democratic good will. Because of his simple sincerity, he becomes a national hero; John Doe clubs are formed and a spontaneous movement begins. John Doe is shocked when he discovers that it's all a plot by the owner of the paper, who plans to use the voting strength of the clubs to bludgeon his way to power. John Doe's resulting fight for democracy has a timeless, inspiring message for all Americans.
- DVD 1025
- Rain or shine
- "A young woman inherits her father's financially troubled circus"--Www.tcm.com.
- DVD 10210
- A trio of hired assassins plan to murder the President of the United States during his stopover in a small town.
- DVD 354