Films & Other Videos
Films with: Gilbert, John
- Big parade
- The highest-grossing silent film of all time, as well as the first realistic war drama, tells the harrowing story of a young man's (John Gilbert) front-line experiences in World War I. The film fiercely captures the heroism of the ordinary foot soldier struggling to survive, and how James' determination to return to the village girl he loves faces the ultimate test.
- DVD 10604
- Garbo silents collection
- Flesh and the devil: Best friends love the same woman and resort to a duel. The mysterious lady: Garbo plays an alluring Russian spy who falls in love with her "target." The temptress: An unhappy wife (Elena) falls in love with a Spanish engineer (Robledo). When it is revealed that Elena is not only married, but has also been the mistress of a banker (Fontenoy), Robledo returns to South America. Subsequently, Elena and her husband (the Marquis) also go to South America. Years later Robledo returns to Paris and runs into Elena who does not seem to recognize him. Elena has become a pathetic drunkard who is apparently beyond Robledo's help.
- DVD 4441
- Heart o' the hills
- A story about a wild and independent Kentucky mountain girl who saves her mother's land from land sharks, rides with a group of night riders, avenges the murder of her father, and eventually marries her mountaineer sweetheart.
- DVD 3552
- Queen Christina
- Portrayal of the 17th century Queen of Sweden who relinquishes her throne for her lover, the ambassador from Spain.
- DVD 4444
- Witness to revolution the story of Anna Louise Strong /
- Short documentary about the Seattle journalist and leftist radical leader who covered the major political revolutions of the twentieth century.
- DVD 9635