Films & Other Videos
Films with: Fresson, Bernard
- Hiroshima mon amour
- A Japanese architect and a French actress engage in a brief intense affair in Hiroshima in 1959. Both deal with their personal memories of World War II--he by articulating his firsthand experience with nuclear disaster, she by remembering her traumatic affair with a German soldier.
- DVD 1800
- Loin du Vietnam Far from Vietnam /
- "Initiated and edited by Chris Marker, Far from Vietnam is an epic 1967 collaboration between cinema greats Jean-Luc Godard, Joris Ivens, William Klein, Claude Lelouch and Alain Resnais in protest of American military involvement in Vietnam--made, per Marker's narration, 'to affirm, by the exercise of their craft, their solidarity with the Vietnamese people in struggle against aggression.' A truly collaborative effort, the film brings together an array of stylistically disparate contributions, none individually credited, under a unified editorial vision. The elements span documentary footage shot in North and South Vietnam and at anti-war demonstrations in the United States; a fictional vignette and a monologue that dramatize the self-interrogation of European intellectuals; interviews with Fidel Castro and Anne Morrison, widow of Norman Morrison, the Quaker pacifist who burned himself alive on the steps of the White House in 1965; an historical overview of the conflict; reflections from French journalist Michèle Ray; and a range of repurposed media material."--www.icarusfilms.com
- DVD 10126
- Place Vendôme
- Marianne is the wife of a famous diamond jeweler. When he suddenly commits suicide, she learns that the business is in shambles and she is drawn back into the jewel dealing world. Forced to sell a cache of stolen gems her husband hid in their home, she finds herself confronted by plenty of would-be suitors, including the Russian mafia and the De Beers diamond cartel.
- DVD 1392
- A quiet, timid file clerk whose unremarkable life begins to be increasingly overshadowed with dread and fear after he moves into his new home - an apartment building with an unhappy past. Adding to his paranoia are the building's other occupants, who do nothing to alleviate his growing obsession with the untimely, tragic fate of the apartment's previous tenant.
- DVD 6085
- A Greek pacifist leader is murdered at a rally. Despite the official police report of accidental death, a journalist's persistent questioning leads to a full-scale investigation, revealing corruption in high places.
- DVD 7069