Films & Other Videos
Films with: Foran, Dick
- Black legion
- Frank Taylor and people like him have a vision for America. It is a vision shaped by terror and fueled by fear, ignorance and hate - a nation of 'free, white, 100-percent Americans!'
- DVD 8532
- Donovan's reef
- A straight-laced Bostonian comes searching for her father, a brawling ex-Navy man living on a South Pacific island.
- DVD 1680
- Mae West the glamour collection /
- Mae West had an inexhaustibly playful interest in language, and a rare, sometimes perplexing, and even lofty wit, spiced by low-down slang. Well before the second wave of feminism, she wrote all her own material, insisted on total control of her work, and was wildly popular for a short time, right before the Production Code lowered the boom on adult attitudes being expressed in films. She made only 12 movies, but three are first-rate, and these were enough to seal her fame and launch a legend. In her first film appearance, "Night after night," a successful ex-boxer buys a high-class speakeasy and falls for a rich society girl. As the bold Tira in "I'm no angel," she works as a dancing beauty and lion tamer at a fair. For "Goin' to town," West goes Western. Cleo Borden is a former dance hall queen who has become newly rich. She falls for--and pursues--an upper crust Englishman. This is followed by "Go west young man," where she plays Mavis Arden, a movie star stranded in the country. To stifle her boredom, she trifles with a young man's affections. "My little chickadee" pairs West with a legend of similar stature, W.C. Fields. As Flower Belle Lee, she is rightly suspected of illicit relations with the Masked Bandit, and run out of Little Bend. Surprisingly, things change very little when she arrives in Greasewood City to start over.
- DVD 10543
- For the first time ever, the original The Mummy film comes to DVD in the extraordinary Legacy Collection. Included in the collection is the original classic, starring Boris Karloff and four sequels featuring Lon Chaney, Jr. and others.
- DVD 5371