Films & Other Videos
Films with: Flemyng, Jason
- Curious case of Benjamin Button
- Daisy Fuller Williams is on her deathbed in a New Orleans hospital the day that Hurricane Katrina hits. At her side is her adult daughter, Caroline. Daisy asks Caroline to read to her aloud from the diary of Daisy's lifelong friend, Benjamin Button. Benjamin's diary recounts his entire extraordinary life. The unusual aspect of his life is that he is ages backwards, being born an old man. He is diagnosed with several aged diseases at birth and thus given little chance of survival. He does survive and gets younger with time. Abandoned by Thomas Button, his biological father, after Benjamin's biological mother died in childbirth. Benjamin was raised by Queenie, a black woman and caregiver at a seniors home. Daisy's grandmother was a resident, which is where she first met Benjamin. Although separated through the years, Daisy and Benjamin remain in contact throughout their lives, reconnecting in their forties when in age they finally match up. Some of the revelations in Benjamin's diary are difficult for Caroline to read.
- DVD 6556
- Lock, stock and two smoking barrels
- A collection of law-dodging characters in London are brought together by coincidence when a streetwise young man loses half-a-million pounds in a card game. He has a week to get together the money or face losing some fingers. Desperate, he and his friends decide to rip off a gang who are planning to rip off a bunch of ganja farmers. Simple. Except the drug dealers want their money back, as do the thieves, and now there are three sets of criminals after their blood.
- DVD 1338
- While working at a nuclear power plant, Timofey is exposed to a deadly dose of radiation while trying to avert a plant disaster. Instead of rewarding Timofey for his efforts, the plant treats him as a scapegoat, offering no compensation to him or his family. Desperate to provide security for his wife and son, Timofey steals a small amount of PU-239 - weapons-grade- plutonium - and heads to Moscow to sell it on the black market. Timofey struggles to make the sale, his efforts resulting in deadly consequences.
- DVD 4716
- Red violin
- An appraiser of rare musical instruments traces the history of a blood-red violin and everyone whose lives it touched.
- DVD 529
- X-men first class /
- Before Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their superhuman powers for the first time, working together in a desperate attempt to stop the Hellfire Club and a global nuclear war.
- DVD 9033