Films & Other Videos
Films with: Flahive, Gerry
- Almost real connecting in a wired world /
- In a decade, the Internet has transformed the economy, employment and our personal lives. This documentary is a snapshot of the end of the first phase of the Internet - a far less utopian age than some had hoped. Focusing on six individuals for whom the Internet has become a lifeline, the video questions how the World Wide Web has transformed our sense of community.
- DVD 4830
- It's a girl's world a documentary about social bullying /
- Examines the relationships among young girls. Through audio and video diaries, a disturbing picture emerges of how girls use friendships to hurt each other and win social power in the group. At the same time, their parents struggle through considerable denial and disbelief to accept and deal with the serious consequences of this behavior. Discusses a true story of a fourteen-year-old girl who committed suicide. Shatters the myth that social bullying among girls is an acceptable part of growing up.
- Paris 1919 inside the peace talks that changed the world /
- "How can you make peace when what you really want is revenge? In the wake of 37 million casualties at the end of World War I, President Woodrow Wilson took his dream of a League of Nations to Paris to seek "peace everlasting," joining over 30 international delegations who descended upon the city fo the most ambitious peace talks in history. Helmed by the Big Four (the United States, France, Great Britain and Italy), the Paris Peace Conference ultimately and ironically sowed the seeds of resentment that led to World War II."--Container.
- DVD 7063