Films & Other Videos
Films with: Dede, Mercan
- Crossing the bridge the sound of Istanbul /
- "In his follow-up to the critically acclaimed film 'Head-on,' director Fatih Akin's documentary introduces an international audience to the diversity and uniqueness of the historic and recent expressions of musical creativity in the heart of Istanbul, discovering a broad spectrum ranging from modern electronic, rock, and hip-hop to classical 'Arabesque.'" -- Container.
- DVD 11827
- One man, one cow, one planet
- Exposes globalization and its mantra of infinite growth in a finite world for what it really is: an environmental and human disaster. But across India, farmers are fighting back. By reviving an arcane form of agriculture, they are saving their poisoned lands and exposing the biocolonialism of multinational corporations.
- DVD 7991
- Sufi soul the mystic music of Islam /
- "For hundreds of millions of Sufi followers worldwide, music is at the heart of their tradition and a way of getting closer to God. From the Whirling Dervishes of Turkey to the qawwali music of Pakistan, Sufism has produced some of the world's most spectacular music celebrated by Muslims and non-Muslims alike. Dalrymple's film traces the shared roots of Christianity and Islam in the Middle East and discovers Sufism to be a peaceful, tolerant and pluralistic bastion against fundamentalism"--Container.
- DVD 9353