Films & Other Videos
Films with: De Santis, Pasqualino
- "In his ruthlessly clear-eyed final film, French master Robert Bresson pushed his unique blend of spiritual rumination and formal rigor to a new astringency. Transposing a Tolstoy novella to contemporary Paris, L'argent follows a counterfeit bill as it originates in a schoolboy prank, then circulates like a virus among the corrupt and the virtuous alike before landing with a young truck driver, leading him to incarceration and violence"--Container.
- DVD 12728
- Cristo si è fermato a Eboli Christ stopped at Eboli /
- Levi, an intellectual exiled by the Fascist government during World War II to a mountain village in southern Italy, discovers the resilience and dignity of people who live close to the land.
- DVD 4173
- Death in Venice
- In Venice on holiday, composer Gustav Aschenbach encounters a young Polish boy and becomes obsessed with him, a secret passion that will lead to his doom.
- DVD 7882
- Death in Venice
- Based on the novella by Thomas Mann, this late masterpiece from Luchino Visconti is a meditation on the nature of art, the allure of beauty, and the inescapability of death. Setting Mann's story of queer desire and bodily decay against the music of Gustav Mahler, it is one of cinema₂s most exalted literary adaptations.
- DVD 13009
- Giornata particolare A special day /
- On the day of a huge rally celebrating Hitler's visit to Rome, which underscored the infamous alliance between the Nazis and Mussolini's fascist regime, a brief encounter between a weary housewife and a radio announcer unfolds into an intimate drama.
- DVD 13189
- Uomini contro Many wars ago /
- "On the Italian/Austrian front during World War I, a disastrous Italian attack upon the Austrian positions leads to a mutiny among the decimated Italian troops"--IMDb.
- DVD 11099