Films & Other Videos
Films with: D'Arcy, James
- Cloud atlas
- An exploration of how the actions of individual lives impact one another in the past, present and future, as one soul is shaped from a killer into a hero, and an act of kindness ripples across centuries to inspire a revolution. The story is a time-shifting weave of six interlinking narratives, with diverse settings from the savagery of a Pacific Island in the 1850s to a dystopian Korea of the near future.
- DVD 9382
- Allied soldiers from Belgium, the British Empire and France are surrounded by the German Army, and evacuated during a fierce battle in World War II. Intense war experience and some language.
- DVD 12490
- "Plagued by both a reckless ego and nagging self-doubt, Hollywood legend Alfred Hitchcock ... becomes obsessed with a grisly murder story that the studios won't back. Determined, he risks his reputation, his home and even the love of his wife Alma ... as he sets out to make the film"--Container.
- DVD 9486
- Life & adventures of Nicholas Nickleby
- Dickens' tale of a young man's struggle to protect his family from their scheming uncle and a cruel world.
- DVD 1827
- Master and commander the far side of the world /
- During the Napoleonic Wars, a British frigate, the HMS Surprise, and the larger French warship, Acheron, stalk each other off of the coast of South America. Lucky Jack, as he is referred to by his crew, is well regarded by his men, who trust him implicitly, even after the first devastating battle and an apparent personal vendetta against the French captain. The ship's surgeon balances the violence of his chosen life with the quiet demeanor of the scientist. He is the captain's friend and confidant, the two frequently playing violin and cello duets together.
- DVD 4377
- Ruth Rendell mysteries collection
- A collection of suspense stories that examines the motivations and machinations of the human mind that lead to tragedy.
- DVD 10395