Films & Other Videos
Films with: Csicsery, George Paul
- Hard problems : the road to the world's toughest math contest /
- "... about the extraordinary gifted students who represented the United States in 2006 at the world's toughest math competition: the International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO). It is the story of six American high school students who competed with 500 others from 90 countries in Ljubljana, Slovenia. The film shows the dedication and perseverance of these remarkably talented students, the rigorous preparation they undertake, and the joy they get out of solving challenging problems. It captures the spirit that infuses the mathematical quest at the highest level."--Container
- DVD 6326
- Julia Robinson and Hilbert's tenth problem
- "Julia Robinson was the first woman elected to the mathematical section of the National Academy of Sciences, and the first woman to become president of the American Mathematical Society. While tracing Robinson's contribution to the solution of Hilbert's tenth problem, the film illuminates how her work led to an unusual friendship between Russian and American colleagues at the height of the Cold War." --Container.
- DVD 8481
- N is a number a portrait of Paul Erdős /
- A documentary filmed in England, Hungary, Poland and the United States over a period of four years presenting mathematician Paul Erdős's mathematical quest in its personal and philosophical dimensions, and the tragic historical events that molded his life.
- DVD 2566