Films & Other Videos
Films with: Couvreur, Bénédicte
- Bande de filles Girlhood /
- "Fed up with her abusive family situation, lack of school prospects and the 'boys' law' in the neighborhood, Marieme ... starts a new life after meeting a group of three free-spirited girls. She changes her name, her style, drops out of school and starts stealing to be accepted into the group. When her home situation becomes unbearable, Marieme seeks solace in an older man who promises her money and protection"--Container.
- DVD 11077
- Portrait of a lady on fire
- France, 1760. Marianne is commissioned to paint the wedding portrait of Héloïse, a young woman who has just left the convent. Because she is a reluctant bride-to-be, Marianne arrives under the guise of companionship, observing Héloïse by day and secretly painting her by firelight at night. As the two women orbit one another, intimacy and attraction grow as they share Héloïse first moments of freedom. Héloïse's portrait soon becomes a collaborative act of and a testament to their love.
- DVD 13362
- "Laure is 10 years old and a tomboy. On arrival in a new neighborhood, she lets Lisa and her crowd believe that she is a boy. Summer becomes a big playground and Laure pretends to be "Mikael", a boy like the others, different enough to get the attention of Lisa, who falls in love with him. Laure takes advantage of her new identity as if the end of the summer would never reveal her unsettling secret."--Container.
- DVD 9483