Films & Other Videos
Films with: Cohen, Oshri
- Set at the end of the 4th century, a young slave in ancient Egypt must choose between joining the Christianity movement, which will give him freedom, and Hypatia, the woman he loves, who is his master and an atheist.
- DVD 10836
- Bufor Beaufort /
- Lebanon in the year 2000. Not far from the old seafarer's fortress, Beaufort is a military base with the same name kept by the Israeli army. This heavily guarded post has been here since the war in Lebanon in 1982. It is a symbol not only of Israel's most controversial campaign for military control of Lebanon, but also of a sacrificial struggle during which many soldiers lost their lives. The Israeli troops move out of Lebanon, leaving behind their base at Beaufort. On the evening of May 24th, the base is destroyed, blown up by thousands of mines. The powerful explosion marks the end of eighteen years of Israeli occupation. The film tells the story of Liraz Liberti, the 22-year-old commander of Beaufort, and his troops during the last few months prior to their withdrawal. The story does not center on the war but on their retreat. The base is still under enemy fire as Liraz prepares to explode the site, thus destroying everything that his friends and comrades have died for trying to defend.
- DVD 6103
- Kokhavim shel Shelomi Bonjour Monsieur Shlomi /
- Sixteen-year-old Shlomi lives with his restless mother, his soldier brother, and their ill grandfather. Although not doing well in school, Shlomi is a gifted cook and takes care of most household chores. One day, the school's principal finds out Shlomi is actually a genius and tries to get him into a more suitable curriculum. However, Shlomi is more interested in taking care of his family and his new love interest, the beautiful girl next door.
- DVD 6553
- Levanon Lebanon /
- In 1982, during the First Lebanon War, a tank manned by a novice crew of Israeli soldiers is led into a town previously bombed by the air force. The situation spins out of control, testing the mental toughness of the men inside a confined space with only the lens of a periscopic gun sight to see the madness outside.
- DVD 7997