Films & Other Videos
Films with: Cohen, Leonard
- I'm your man
- The life and work of Leonard Cohen is celebrated in Leonard Cohen: I'm Your Man. The documentary also includes performances and interviews by artists that Cohen has inspired including U2, Beth Orton, Jarvis Cocker, Rufus Wainwright, and more.
- DVD 5158
- Lektionen in Finsternis Lessons of darkness ; Fata Morgana /
- Lessons of darkness: A stirring documentary of 1992 post-Gulf War Kuwait, focusing on the oil well fires ignited by retreating Iraqi soldiers. What resulted is less a simple documentary about an environmental catastrophe than an apocalyptic vision of hell, a strangely beautiful portrait of a world on fire. Fata Morgana: Herzog brings his cameras to the Sahara desert in order to film mirages. He combines the apocalyptic, often hallucinatory images of the desert with passages from the Mayan creation myth, the Popol Vuh, set to songs of Leonard Cohen.
- DVD 1369
- Tibetan book of the dead a way of life ; the great liberation /
- Documentary containing remarkable footage of the rites and liturgies surrounding and following the death of a Ladakhi elder. The Dalai Lama explains his own feelings about death, while other scenes within a palliative care hospice in San Francisco depict the use of the texts to counsel dying patients.
- DVD 5283