Films & Other Videos
Films with: Ceylan, Nuri Bilge
- Bir zamanlar Anadoluʼda Once upon a time in Anatolia /
- In the dead of night, a group of men--among them, a police commissioner, a prosecuter, a doctor and a murder suspect--drive through the Anatolian countryside, the serpentine roads and rolling hills lit only by the headlights of the cars. They are searching for a corpse, the victim of a brutal murder. The suspect, who claims he was drunk, can't remember where he buried the body. As night wears on, details about the murder emerge, and the investigators' own hidden secrets come to light. In the Anatolian steppes, nothing is what it seems, and when the body is found, the real questions begin.
- DVD 10896
- During a sweltering summer vacation on the Aegean coast, the relationship between middle-aged professor Isa and his younger, television producer girlfriend Bahar brutally implodes. Back in Istanbul that fall, Isa rekindles a torrid affair with a previous lover. But, when he learns that Bahar has left the city for a job in the snowy East, he follows her there to win her back.
- DVD 10899
- Uzak Distant /
- When a successful photographer's wife leaves him, he falls into an existential crisis. His cousin from a small village comes to live with him to get a better job. The two are total opposites and have a hard time adjusting to each other's habits.
- DVD 3510
- Üç maymun
- Opens with an ambitious politician fleeing a hit-and-run accident in the dead of night. Afraid of hurting his election chances, he pays off his chauffeur Eyüp to take the rap. While Eyüp stews in jail, this devil's bargain takes its toll on his brooding son Ismail and restless wife Hacer, who falls into an illicit affair with the politician. Ismail's discovery of his mother's infidelity and Eyüp's suspicions after he gets out of jail crank up the simmering tensions in a household already haunted by hidden ghosts.
- DVD 7140
- Winter sleep
- Winner of the Palme d'Or at this year's Cannes, the new film from Turkish auteur Nuri Bilge Ceylan (Once Upon A Time In Anatolia) is an immersive and provocative drama. Set in the picturesque and striking landscape of Cappadocia in Central Anatolia, Winter Sleep focuses on a small village, half-empty, in the wintry off-season. The film follows a local celebrity, Aydin, an actor who runs a small hotel with his wife, writes a column for the local newspaper, and is toying with the idea of producing a book on Turkish theatre. With a steady, penetrating gaze reminiscent of that which Ingmar Bergman brought to his chamber pieces, Ceylan cuts through the smug self-image of a man who considers himself of elevated stature, but is ultimately brought face-to-face with who and what he truly is. Awarded the International Critics Prize in Cannes in addition to the Palme d'Or, Winter Sleep is a compelling and hypnotic study of human frailty.
- DVD 10945