Films & Other Videos
Films with: Buzzell, Edward
- Columbia Pictures pre-code collection
- Ten cents a dance: Barbara, a dance hall girl, marries Eddie, who turns out to be a compulsive gambler. Barbara turns to a former suitor and dance hall owner, Bradley Carlton, for help. Arizona: Bob Denton, a West Point football star, discovers that his commanding officer is married to his former girlfriend, a woman bent on revenge after he jilted her. Three wise girls: An innocent small-town girl trades her soda fountain job for a modeling job in New York. She quickly learns the ropes and perils of big city life, along with her wisecracking roommate and a fellow model. Shopworn: Kitty is a waitress who falls in love with Dave, a wealthy college student. Dave's high-society mother has a trumped-up morals charge made up against her. After leaving the reformatory, Kitty becomes a showgirl, and she meets Dave again. Virtue: An honest, enterprising taxi driver mistakes a prostitute for an unemployed stenographer. After a whirlwind courtship and marriage, the woman's past comes back to haunt her when a duplicitous acquaintance implicates her in a sordid affair.
- DVD 9013
- Go West The big store /
- In Go West, it's 1870 and the Marx Brothers are out to get rich in Dead Man's Gulch. In The big store, the brothers reduce an enormous inventory of upscale merchandise into a multilevel disaster as they pursue and evade villains via bicycles, skates, unicycles, broad jumps, shipping chutes, elevator cables, high wires, pole vaults and pseudo-Tarzan chandelier swinging.
- DVD 3629
- Keep your powder dry
- An heiress must prove her maturity to gain her inheritance, so she hatches an immature plan: join the WACs, fake some gravitas and quit as soon as she gets her manicured hands on the dough. Happily, Uncle Sam and World War II combine to help a spoiled little rich girl grow up.
- DVD 8598
- Room service At the circus /
- Room Service: A cash-strapped theatrical troup tries to find a backer and keep from being thrown out of their hotel. At the Circus: The brothers try to keep the cash-strapped circus running by finding a backer.
- DVD 3628