Films & Other Videos
Films with: Bussières, Pascale
- Girls can't swim
- Teenagers Gwen and Lise have always spent their summer vacations together on the Brittany coast, but this summer is different. The death of Lise's estranged father keeps her at home, leaving Gwen alone to explore her budding sexuality with the local boys of the resort town. One day, Lise shows up unexpectedly at Gwen's house, but their reunion is soon soured by Lise's resentment of Gwen's newfound interest in the opposite sex. The days that follow are filled with awkwardness, tenderness and rage as the two girls reexamine their friendship amid the strains of adolescence.
- DVD 2394
- Ma vie en cinémascope Bittersweet memories /
- "À 5 ans, elle fait déjà fureur à Québec. À 13 ans, elle séduit le Tout-Montréal sous le nom d'Alys Robi. Elle a conquis le monde jusqu'à Hollywood où les studios la convoitent et la presse l'idolâtre. Alors au sommet de sa popularité, Alys Robi est internée, malgré elle, par son père. Les autorités médicales suggèrent alors la seule opération possible: la lobotomie. De la salle d'opération, Alys voit ses 28 ans de vie défiler sous ses yeux... Alys Robi incarne le rêve américain. Une histoire de triomphe, de gloire, d'amour, mais aussi une histoire qui dissimule une horrible vérité qui fera tout basculer"--Conteneur. "At only 5 years old, she was already a hit in Québec. At 13, she conquered the big city, Montréal, using the name Alys Robi. She captivated the world, including Hollywood, where studios wanted to sign her and the press idolized her. But at the height of her popularity, she was institutionalized against her will by her father. Medical authorities suggested one treatment: lobotomy. Under the operating room's blinding lights, Alys sees the 28 years of her life flash before her eyes ... Alys Robi personified the American dream. Hers is a story of triumph, glory and love. But beneath it all lurked a horrible truth that completely changed her life"--Container.
- DVD 3770
- Twilight of the ice nymphs Archangel ; The heart of the world /
- Twilight of the ice nymphs (1997, col.): A political prisoner returns to his home after several years of incarceration, falling desperately in love with a woman named Juliana on the boat trip home. Archangel (melodrama, 1990, b&w tinted): A tale of obsessive love in the arctic town of Archangel, where a Canadian soldier, a Belgian pilot, and a Russian nurse, all suffering from amnesia, become involved in a love triangle in which each believes the others to be someone else. The heart of the world (2000, b&w): A parody of silent Soviet propaganda films.
- DVD 2360