Films & Other Videos
Films with: Braun, Josh
- Ivory tower
- Is college worth the cost? Groundbreaking filmmaker Andrew Rossi asks the critical question about the value of higher education, revealing how colleges have come to embrace a business model that often promotes expansion over quality learning. With student-loan debt now over the one trillion dollar mark, the once-great American institution is at a breaking point. The film explores the current education crisis from the halls of Harvard, to community colleges, to online learning.
- DVD 11087
- Page one inside the New York times /
- This documentary chronicles the transformation of The New York Times newsroom and the inner workings of the Media Desk, as the Internet redefines the media industry by surpassing print as the main source of news. At the heart of the film is the burning question on the minds of everyone who cares about a rigorous American press, Times lover or not: what will happen if the fast-moving future of media leaves behind the fact-based, original reporting that helps to define our society? This up-close look at factors and actors that produce the "daily miracle" of a great news organization is a nuanced portrait of journalists continuing to produce extraordinary work under increasingly difficult circumstances.
- DVD 8746
- Scotty and the secret history of Hollywood
- The deliciously scandalous story of Scotty Bowers, a handsome ex-Marine who landed in Hollywood after World War II and became confidante, aide-de-camp, and lover to many of Hollywood's greatest male, and female, stars. An unsung Hollywood legend, Bowers would cater to the sexual appetites of celebrities, straight and gay, for decades. While the studio PR machines were promoting their stars as wholesome and monogamous, Bowers was fulfilling the true desires of many of them.
- DVD 13046