Films & Other Videos
Films with: Boyer, Charles
- A susceptible young woman marries a suave, romantic man never suspecting that he is a murderous scoundrel, obsessed with finding the jewels hidden in their London home. She becomes the helpless victim as he drives her to the brink of insanity.
- DVD 7536
- Hold back the dawn
- In this romantic story, Romanian immigrant George Ivonescu sneaks onto the Paramount studio lot in Hollywood to sell a story idea to director Saxon. Desperate for $500, George convinces Saxon to listen to the true story of George's life for the past year. At the outbreak of World War II, George flees from Europe to Mexico, from where he hopes to gain entry into the USA. Due to the quota system he is told he must wait five to eight years to immigrate. While in Mexico, George meets up with his former dance partner, Anita Dixon, who tells him that she got citizenship by marrying an American and leaving him shortly after. George, a gigolo and con man, immediately proceeds to seduce one of the American tourists who have invaded the town for the public holiday. His prey is shy schoolteacher Emmy Brown whom he intends to marry and 'dump' quickly in order to resume his affair with Anita. In a prime example of Hollywood self-reference (which the Wilder-Brackett writing team would later turn into a masterpiece with 'Sunset Boulevard'), the story is told by actor Charles Boyer to director Mitchell Leisen on the film set where he has just shot a scene from 'I Wanted Wings'
- DVD 8193
- How to steal a million
- A woman and a burglar hatch a scheme to swipe a forgery from an art museum to conceal her father's art forgeries.
- DVD 12838
- Madame de--
- Tragic misunderstandings arise when a society wife sells her earrings and tells her husband she has lost them.
- DVD 9886
- An exquisite recounting of the climatic days in 1933 in the career of Stavisky, the con man turned international financier whose ruin resulted in political scandal and his own mysterious death.
- DVD 2055