Films & Other Videos
Films with: Blain, Gérard
- Amerikanische Freund
- Story about a Hamburg picture framer who is perfectly ordinary except that he is suffering from a rare and fatal blood disease. His peace and sanity are upset when he is offered money to assassinate a Mafia figure in Paris.
- DVD 3646
- Beau serge
- Follows a successful yet sickly young man who returns home to the small village where he grew up. There, he finds himself at odds with his former close friend - now unhappily married and a wretched alcoholic - and the provincial life he represents.
- DVD 8473
- Claude Chabrol crafts a sly moral fable about a provincial boy who comes to live with his sophisticated bohemian cousin in Paris. Through these seeming opposites, Chabrol conjures a piercing, darkly comic character study that questions notions of good and evil, love and jealousy, and success in the modern world. A mirror image of Le Beau Serge, Les Cousins recasts that film's stars, Jean-Claude Brialy and Gřard Blain, in startlingly reversed roles.
- DVD 7486
- John Wayne heads a group of highly skilled professional game hunters in Africa who capture the ferocious big game with strong rope and cameras for zoos and circus attractions.
- DVD 10087
- Two short films by François Truffaut Les Mistons ; Antoine & Colette.
- The mischief makers in Les mistons are five boys who spend a summer pursuing and harassing a young couple in love. Antoine et Colette is the second installment of the "Antoine Doinel" series, in which the young man at 18 falls in love with an older student who doesn't return his feeling.
- DVD 914