Films & Other Videos
Films with: Arledge, Elizabeth
- Cracking the code of life
- In July 2000, scientists made an announcement that triggered front-page headlines around the globe: they had read over 3-billion chemical 'letters' that make up human DNA, and done it faster than anyone expected.
- DVD 3579
- Death of Nancy Cruzan
- The story of Nancy Cruzan's near fatal automobile accident and her family's three and one half year legal battle which became the first right-to-die case heard by the U.S. Supreme Court.
- DVD 10061
- Incredible journey of the butterflies
- Every year monarch butterflies migrate across North America to a remote area of Mexico. This presentation discusses how the butterflies navigate and endure the long journey and takes you to the locations they call home.
- DVD 6738
- Out of control AIDS in Black America /
- According to ABC News AIDS is responsible for the deaths of over 200,000 African Americans as of the year 2004 and is the leading cause of death among African American women between the ages of 25 and 44. This program utilizes on location footage, commentary, and interviews to explore issues of sex, race, neglect, and denial as they relate to the disproportionate incidence of AIDS among African Americans. One of its segments, a group discussion with Jesse Jackson, Calvin Butts and T.D. Jakes and several African-American women, is hosted by the late television journalist, Peter Jennings.
- DVD 4928