Films & Other Videos
Films with: Andersson, Bibi
- Karen Blixen's Babettes gæstebud
- With the mysterious arrival of Babette, a refugee from France's civil war, life for two pious sisters and their tiny hamlet begins to change. Before long, Babette has convinced them to try something other than boiled codfish and ale bread--a gourmet French meal! Her feast scandalizes the elders, except for the visiting General. Just who is this strangely talented Babette, who has terrified this pious town with the prospect of losing their souls for enjoying too much earthly pleasure? Includes original theatrical trailer.
- DVD 3253
- Passion] Passion of Anna /
- In this stark drama, Max Von Sydow plays Andreas, a loner who, despite himself, becomes involved with three of his island neighbors: a Machiavellian architect, his formless wife and the beautiful widow Anna (Liv Ullmann), a moralist who sustains herself with illusion. One of Bergman's first films to be photographed in color.
- DVD 3633
- A famous actress is stricken with psychosomatic dumbness and is placed under a nurse's care in an isolated house, where the two gradually assume each other's personalities.
- DVD 3630
- Survivors struggling to stay alive during the final ice age spend their last hours playing Quintet, a macabre kind of backgammon, as packs of wild dogs roam around looking for corpses to feed upon.
- DVD 4365
- Scener ur ett äktenskap Scenes from a marriage /
- Marianne and Johan always seemed to be the perfect couple. But when Johan suddenly leaves Marianne for another woman, they are forced to confront the disintegration of their marriage. Chronicles ten years of turmoil and love that bind the couple despite their divorce and subsequent marriages. Portrays the brutal pain and uplifting peace that accompany a lifetime of loving.
- DVD 3397
- Seventh seal
- In medieval Sweden a knight returns from war only to find a ravaged homeland. He meets up with a group of travelling players and eventually confronts the embodiment of death with whom he engages in a game of chess for his life. The knight and Death play as the cultural turmoil envelopes the people around them as they try, in different ways, to deal with the upheaval the plague has caused.
- DVD 674
- Wild strawberries Smultronstället /
- A distinguished professor emeritus who lives alone with his housekeeper can only come to terms with his egocentricity by traveling back in time to his earliest youth, finding there the seeds of his failure as husband, lover, father. This film deals with the phenomena of old age wherein childhood memories return with ever-increasing clarity while great stretches of the prime of life vanish into obscurity.
- DVD 1597