You can create links directly to single items in the Library Catalog about single books, DVDs, and other formats as well as create a link for searching the Library Catalog.
Linking to Single Items in the Library Catalog
You can link directly to the pages in the Library Ctalog in the following way:
- Locate the item in the Library Catalog.
- Copy and paste the Persistent Link to Record into Blackboard.
Many of the books listed in the Library Catalog now include a link to more information about the book from Google Books. The information from Google Books includes:
- Cover image
- Publication information
- A short summary of the book
- A table of contents
- Links to reviews of the books
- Search inside function - even if you cannot preview the book, you can search for a term and see how often and where it is used
In addition, many books also have:
- Preview this book - see a limited number of pages from the book (search for terms or use table of contents)
Linking to the Library Catalog
You can also provide a link to the Library Catalog so that students can easily search for additonal books on their own. The URL for the Library Catalog is:
Always test your link from on and off-campus.
For more assistance please contact, Daisy Benson (firstname.lastname@example.org).