Classroom Software Package – PC’s
Windows 10 – current with all updates and service packs and current UVM virus protection program.
- IE . Edge and Firefox with all normal plug-ins, security set to Not save any passwords or encrypted files.
- Microsoft Office 2016 with all current updates and service packs, Outlook not installed.
- WinSCP, Putty and FileZilla FTP for secure file transfers.
- Windows Media Player, QuickTime, Real Player, iTunes and VLC Player.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader, Shockwave Player and Air, Java.
- UVM Licensed Software:
- IBM SPSS
- Accessories and Add-Ons: Notepad, MS Paint, Silverlight, Notepad ++, PDF Creator, Calculator, Paint.net, Snipping Tool, Word Pad, Sound Recorder, Irfan View, MS Pro Paint Tools, Image Burn, XPS Viewer and the ability to map a network drive is also available
- iClicker Software
A User Files folder, with a shortcut on the desktop is for semester long storage of Instructor Materials/Files. Please create a sub folder within the User Files folder for class files, presentations, etc. The folder can have your name or the class name/number. Any files saved on the desktop or in any other folder will be deleted each the computer is rebooted as we now use Deep Freeze for our desktop management software.
If you are using Waterman 113 Q or 113 T, please refer to this link for what's in there and how it works. http://www.uvm.edu/it/watermanlab/