New UVM Libraries Transformative Agreement provides access to all Wiley journal articles and support for Open Access publishing for UVM authors.
The University Libraries are pleased to announce a new transformative agreement that will provide full-text access to all of the major research publisher Wiley’s online journals. This agreement with Wiley will also provide full coverage of Author Processing Charges (APC) for up to 70 accepted articles by UVM and UVMMC authors annually in their hybrid Open Access journal collection. Here is more information about this agreement:
- Which titles are included in this agreement? All titles will be available as full-text. Wiley’s hybrid online journals, which comprise the majority of their catalog, are covered for the APC credit; the others are not.
- What is an Author Processing Charge, or APC? Authors must pay an APC to make their published article available as Open Access. UVM and UVMMC authors will not need to pay this fee if they are eligible under our agreement.
- Titles that do not fall under the APC credit agreement include fully Open Access journals and a very few small society press journals.
- Some types of very short or non-research articles are ineligible. If an article type is not eligible for Open Access support, you will not have the opportunity to select it when you receive your article acceptance.
- It is important to note that UVM Libraries do not have any say in whether an article is accepted or not. All articles will go through Wiley’s standard acceptance and review process.
- Who is eligible to take advantage of this agreement? Affiliated authors include UVM Faculty, Staff, Students, and UVM Medical Center Employees. Individuals can come from any school or unit on campus and the credits are available until the 70 APCs run out for the year; it will reset in April.
- The Libraries have signed a 3-year contract with Wiley. At the end of this period, we will evaluate the success of this agreement.
For more information about titles, types of articles, how to submit your article, copyright, and more, go to the UVM Libraries Open Access Publishing Support Guide: Wiley Hybrid Journals. Or, reach out to a librarian with specific questions.