The Multimedia Lab is a division of the Media Resources Department and Bailey-Howe Library. The Multimedia Lab is comprised of a multimedia computer lab and support staff. Currently the lab consists of five Pro-level Apple workstations each with its own set of importing hardware (mini DV deck, VHS and DVD Players) with plenty of room to temporarily store large video projects, and five powerful iMacs with mutlimedia software.
This lab is available to any UVM student, faculty, staff or affiliate with a valid UVM netid. If you have any questions regarding netids please speak with one of the support staff at the help desk.
Multimedia Lab Hours
|1pm - 9pm
||1pm - 5pm
Multimedia Lab Policy
Use of Multimedia Lab
- Orientations and Workshops: The Multimedia Lab offers orientations and workshops to support class projects. The Lab can accommodate up to 20 students for these events. To schedule an orientation or workshop, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (802) 656-1947. Please give at least two weeks' notice for orientation or workshop requests.
- Individual Consulatations: Multimedia staff is available to help UVM students, faculty and staff with projects. You can get help on a walk-in basis or set up an appointment in advance by e-mail email@example.com or call (802) 656-1947.
- The Multimedia lab exists to provide all UVM students, faculty, and staff with access to state of the art multimedia hardware and software. Only UVM affiliates with a valid UVM netid may use the Lab.
- The Multimedia Lab is an open production facility and is not intended to serve as a classroom. Instructors who wish to teach classes in a computer lab should reserve the Waterman Computer Lab. http://www.uvm.edu/it/watermanlab/?Page=reservation.php&sMreservationsubmenu.html
- Multimedia Lab software and hardware is not to be used for the illegal duplication of copyright-protected works. Duplication of copyright materials must be done in adherence to fair use guidlines as stated in the University of Vermont copyright Policy: http://www.uvm.edu/policies/general_html/copyright.pdf
- Use of the computers is for multimedia projects only.