Ingredients for Whipped Cream:
1 cup heavy cream
¼ cup maple syrup, or more to taste
Ingredients for French Toast:
2 large eggs
4 large egg yolks
2 cups milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 loaf cinnamon swirl bread, sliced 1-inch thick
- To make the whipped cream, pour the heavy cream into a large, chilled (preferably stainless steel) bowl. Whip until stiff peaks form. Stir in the maple syrup.
- Preheat the oven to 200°F.
- To make the French toast, mix the eggs, egg yolks, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon until well blended in a large shallow bowl or baking dish. Add the bread to the egg mixture and let soak until it is saturated. Remove the bread from the mixture and place on a plate.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat and add enough butter to coat the pan. Working in batches, add the slices of soaked bread to the skillet. Cook until golden brown, ﬂipping once, about 4 minutes on each side.
- As the pieces are ﬁnished, transfer from the skillet to a baking sheet and place in the oven to keep warm before serving. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
recipe provided by Edible Green Mountains