An Unaffiliated User is anyone who is not a UVM student, faculty or staff member, or a Fletcher Allen employee. All other members of the community are entitled to various levels of services and resources. In some cases, fees may apply. Options include Health Research Associate membership, Guest Borrowers, UVM Alumni, Vermont Consortium of Academic Libraries (VCAL) Faculty and all others.
How Do I Order/Request an Article from the Dana Medical Library?
I am a Health Research Associate (HRA) Member
Contact Lesley Boucher for questions relating to Health Research Associate membership categories and fees, at 802 656-4404 or Lesley.Boucher@uvm.edu
I am an individual needing Article Delivery Services
- Articles ordered via PubMed, set up a Loansome Doc account. Contact Lesley Boucher for questions relating to Loansome Doc accounts or PubMed, at (802) 656-4404 or Lesley.Boucher@uvm.edu
- Contact Lesley Boucher to set up an Articles Only membership, at 802 656-4404 or Lesley.Boucher@uvm.edu
I am not a UVM student, faculty or staff member, nor a Fletcher Allen employee, nor am I a Health Research Associate(HRA)
Back to Top of Page
- Set up the PubMed article delivery service known as Loansome Doc Information & Forms
- Order a single article at $35.00 per article fee (this includes a $10.00 administrative fee). Email the Dana Library Document Delivery department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Dana Library Document Delivery Department at 656-4381.
- You are also welcome to use library books, journals and other materials while visiting the Library. Visiting the Library
How do I Borrow a Book from the Dana Medical Library?
I am a Health Research Associate [HRA] Member
I am a UVM Alumnus
- Alumni Borrowers' cards are available to all graduates of the University of Vermont. Cards may be obtained at the Catcard Office in the University Bookstore. The CatCard Offices charges $5 for processing the card.
I am a member of the Vermont Consortium of Academic Libraries Faculty (VCAL Faculty)
I have no affiliation and wish to borrow books from the Library
- The Library issues Guest Borrower Cards to members of the general public who complete an application form at the Circulation Desk, provide a personal ID, and pay the annual $40.00 fee. Vermont residents presenting a valid Guest Borrower card may then borrow materials in accordance with library borrowing policies.
- The Dana Medical Library is unable to extend borrowing privileges to students enrolled at other colleges even if they are Vermont residents.
- Members of the general community who do not have a Guest Borrower card from UVM may wish to contact their local public library for assistance with interlibrary loans.
I have no affiliation and wish to borrow just consumer health materials from the Library
- A Consumer Health Borrower card will be issued to any member of the general public wishing to borrow materials from the Dana Medical Libraries Consumer Health Collection, by presenting a personal ID. Dana has a growing collection of books written for the health care consumer and/or patient. They are identified in the UVM Libraries Catalog by the message LOCATION: Consumer Health Collection
For more information about services for unaffiliated persons, please contact Lesley Boucher at 802 656-4404 or at Lesley.Boucher@uvm.edu
Back to Top of Page