Bailey/Howe Library has added a brand new quiet study room on the second floor. The room features more desktop work space, discreet privacy walls, comfortable chairs, plenty of power outlets and top-of-the-line lighting. Most importantly, though, the room provides silence for those who need it. We hope you will enjoy the beautiful and quiet study area we’ve created!
Starting Monday, November 28th, Bailey/Howe will be open for extended hours. Get those assignments done and study for those finals, until 2AM most nights.
Extended Hours Schedule
- Monday – Thursday, November 28- December 1 (7 am – 2 am)
- Friday, December 2 (7 am – midnight)
- Saturday, December 3 (10 am – midnight)
- Sunday, December 4 (10 am – 2 am)
- Monday – Tuesday, December 5-6 (7 am – 2 am)
- Wednesday, December 7 (last day of classes – 7 am – midnight)
- Thursday, December 8 (7 am – 2 am)
- Friday, December 9 (7 am – midnight)
- Saturday, December 10 (10 am – midnight)
- Sunday, December 11 (10 am – 2 am)
- Monday – Thursday, December 12-15 (7 am – 2 am)
- Friday, December 16 (last day of exams — 7 am – 7 pm)
- Saturday, December 17 (10 am – 5 pm)
- Sunday, December 18 (CLOSED)
Study by JuditK used in accordance with Creative Commons.
Dana made renovations this summer to make more room for quiet study. The back corner of the Library near the small study rooms now has additional carrels. While the carrels do not have network jacks (they are wired, however), an additional wireless router has been added in that area to boost connectivity to the carrels and surrounding area. This space was created through a massive effort to condense Dana’s print and audiovisual collections. Some older titles were discarded and some moved off site.