Dana Medical Library now provides access to ClinicalKey. Replacing MDConsult and Procedures Consult, this new Clinical Insight Engine is designed to provide clinicians with fast, clinically-relevant answers from Elsevier’s library of proprietary medical and surgical content. ClinicalKey offers access to:
- over 1,000 Elsevier medical and surgical reference books*
- over 500 Elsevier medical and surgical journals
- all medical and surgical clinics of North America
- Procedures Consult procedural videos
- First Consult point-of-care clinical monographs
- patient education handouts
- additional videos and images, practice guidelines, patient handouts, and drug information.
It also supports researchers and instructors with the included presentation builder for use with ClinicalKey’s multimedia collection-export to PowerPoint. User guides are available at http://www.elsevier-data.de/ClinicalKey/ClinicalKey_user_guide.pdf.
*HTML version of chapters provided. To view PDF files you must create a FREE “User Profile” and login.
The UVM Libraries/FAHC-licensed UpToDate goes anywhere and everywhere!
This new version, called UpToDate Anywhere, allows full access to UpToDate at UVM, Fletcher Allen Health Care, all FAHC practice sites… and from anywhere with an Internet connection.
To take advantage of UpToDate Anywhere, users must first register an individual account from within the UVM or FAHC networks. These networks include accessing UpToDate:
- while at UVM;
- while at FAHC;
- remotely with EZ Proxy or VPN;
- through FAHC’s Remote Access Gateway;
- on the UVM wireless network;
- or on FAHC’s employee wireless network (NOT the FAHC guest wireless network).
With this account, UpToDate can then be accessed anywhere just by logging in with the registered user name and password. The account also enables users to accrue CME credits for reading UpToDate articles, and to download an UpToDate app to a mobile device.
Directions for downloading and installing the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch and Android versions of the mobile app are available at http://researchguides.uvm.edu/mobile. A more detailed description of UpToDate Anywhere can be found here: http://danaguides.uvm.edu/uptodate.
As usual, if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the Library at 802-656-2201 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
UpToDate announced on August 15th that it has added Psychiatry as a specialty. The content covers all the major areas of psychiatry, including psychotic disorders, bipolar disorders, anxiety disorders and much more.