Welcome New Residents!
The Dana Medical Library is your library, and whether you prefer to use the library’s networked study spaces or to access cutting-edge electronic resources from your FAHC desktop, we can meet your clinical research needs.
Here are a few of the things we can do for you.
A sampling of clinical resources for residents:
- *Access Medicine and MDConsult Include e-books such as Harrison’s and “rapid access” to over 800 disorders. Updates, drug information, guidelines all available. PDA and podcast downloads available.
- *UpToDate Describes the clinical manifestations of a wide variety of disorders and provides current options for diagnosis, management and therapy, including the efficacy, doses, and interactions of individual drugs. PDA downloads available.
- *DynaMed Provides clinically-organized summaries for nearly 2000 topics, is updated daily and monitors the content of over 500 medical journals. Systematic and evidence-based. PDA downloads available.
- *Cochrane Database The “gold standard” for Evidence-Based Reviews. A full-text database with links to the literature.
- *Journals The Dana Medical Library has over 5000 health sciences journal subscriptions, over 4700 of which are available online.
- *Plus, PubMed customized for FAHC/UVM, and many more databases.
The Dana Medical Library has an active Liaison Program whereby a professional Health Sciences Librarian is assigned to each residency specialty. Your Library Liaison can assist you with any of your information needs. A few examples of Liaison activities include:
- *Assisting with Journal Clubs;
- *Setting up alerting services;
- *Providing instruction and assistance with knowledge management tools like EndNote;
- *Consulting on PowerPoint, literature searching and questions for Grand Rounds presentations.
- *InterLibrary Loan (656-4382): Borrow books or journal articles from other libraries for free via online form at http://library.uvm.edu/dana/services/ill/.
- *Document Delivery (656-2653): Request articles from Dana’s journal collection (payable with a cost center number) to be sent directly to your email account http://library.uvm.edu/dana/services/ill/.
- *Reference (656-2201): Request literature searches; verify citations; receive searching assistance.
- *Off-Site Access FAHC Residents and Fellows can obtain off site access to networked resources, including most of Dana’s online databases, journals, and books, through FAHC’s network. Complete the Remote Access request form on the FAHC Intranet. Check Other and type in Dana Library under Reason for Remote Access. Or call the FAHC IS help desk at 847-1414.
- *In-Dana Access The Dana Library computer workstations are available to you with the use of a password; ask at Circulation or Reference for assistance. Dana also has an electronic classroom and conference room that can be scheduled up to two weeks in advance. Call 656-0695 to schedule.