The Dana Medical Library is your library, and whether you prefer to use the library’s networked study spaces or to access cutting-edge electronic resources from your FAHC desktop, we can meet your clinical research needs.
Here are a few of the things we can do for you.
A sampling of clinical resources for residents:
- UpToDate Describes the clinical manifestations of a wide variety of disorders and provides current options for diagnosis, management and therapy, including the efficacy, doses, and interactions of individual drugs. PDA downloads available.
- DynaMed Provides clinically-organized summaries for nearly 2000 topics, is updated daily and monitors the content of over 500 medical journals. Systematic and evidence-based. PDA downloads available.
- Cochrane Database The “gold standard” for Evidence-Based Reviews. A full-text database with links to the literature.
- Journals The Dana Medical Library has over 5000 health sciences journal subscriptions, over 4700 of which are available online.
- Plus, PubMed customized for FAHC/UVM, and many more databases.
The Dana Medical Library has an active Liaison Program whereby a professional Health Sciences Librarian is assigned to each residency specialty. Your Library Liaison can assist you with any of your information needs. A few examples of Liaison activities include:
- Assisting with Journal Clubs;
- Setting up alerting services;
- Help in preparing content for Grand Rounds, M&Ms or white papers;
- Providing instruction and assistance with knowledge management tools like EndNote;
- Literature searching;
- Mobile resource troubleshooting;
- Consulting on PowerPoint, literature searching and questions for Grand Rounds presentations.
- InterLibrary Loan (656-4382): Borrow books or journal articles from other libraries for free via online form at http://library.uvm.edu/dana/services/ill/.
- Document Delivery (656-2653): Request articles from Dana’s journal collection to be sent directly to your email account http://library.uvm.edu/dana/services/ill/.
- Reference (656-2201): Request literature searches; verify citations; receive searching assistance.
- Off-Site Access FAHC Residents and Fellows can obtain off site access to networked resources, including most of Dana’s online databases, journals, and books, through FAHC’s network.
- In-Dana Access The Dana Library computer workstations are available to you with the use of a password; ask at Circulation or Reference for assistance. Dana also has an electronic classroom and conference room that can be scheduled up to two weeks in advance. Call 656-0695 to schedule.