The latest version of EndNote, X7, for Windows was released in May, and the release for Mac users was in July. UVM recently released its site licensed version.
EndNote X7 offers many new and exciting features:
- Synchronize and update desktop and online references with one click
- Manage references in your libraries over multiple computers, regardless of operating platform
- New PDF Handling preferences for imported PDFs
- Add citations and references to Microsoft PowerPoint slides
- Easy organization of bibliographies and primary & secondary sources with Cite While You Write
- New reference types including Interview, Podcast, Paper, and Press Release
- Customizable display with new control options
- Improved EndNoteSync backs up work continuously and unobtrusively
- Identify shared online groups from your desktop library
EndNote X7 is available to the UVM community for free through the UVM Software Site. Just sign in with your Net ID and select your operating system.
Classes on EndNote are offered through both Dana and Bailey Howe. Check the class schedules for availability. EndNote X7 will be taught by librarians at Dana in spring 2014.
For individual assistance at Dana, contact Laura Haines at 656-4143.