Who can borrow an iPad?
How long can I keep an iPad?
Loans are for one week. iPads may be renewed for an additional checkout period if no other user has requested its use. In order to renew, you must call the Circulation desk at 656-2200 or stop by and request an extension before it is due. Late return of an iPad will result in immediate fines of $10.00 per day and will block borrowing privileges; fees may be assessed and loss of iPad borrowing privileges may result.
What comes with the iPad?
iPad kits include an iPad (16GB, wi-fi only), power adapter, dock cable and carrying case.
What comes on the iPad?
- Dynamed: A clinical point-of-care tool
- Skyscape: Medical reference platform, includes Natural Standard
- Calculate by QxMD: Clinical calculators
- AHRQ ePSS: Preventive care screening tools
- Eponyms for students: Quick eponym reference
- Micromedex Drug Information: A drug reference tool
- Inkling: Interactive textbooks (comes loaded with Netter’s Clinical Anatomy)
- ebrary: ebooks from Dana Medical Library (including USMLE study guides)
- PubMed Mobile: Search PubMed
- Radiology 2.0: One Night in the ED
- Pages: Word processing
- Adobe Reader: PDF reading software
- Dragon Dictation: Dictation software
- Bluefire Reader: e-reader software
Can I download new apps on the iPad?
Apps and content may be loaded on the iPad using your own iTunes account. When an iPad is returned, all data and settings will be wiped from the device. Any apps you purchase should remain available to you through your iTunes account.
What about my personal data on the iPad?
You should remove any personal information from the iPad before you return it to the Circulation Desk. However, each iPad will be restored to default settings, deleting all data and apps from the previous user. The UVM Libraries are not responsible for anything you put or leave on the equipment.
Dana Mobile Apps page
Apple iPad Guided Tour