Frances Delwiche, MLIS, MT (ASCP)
Library Associate Professor,
Dana Medical Library
Office: Dana Medical Library
Phone: (802) 656-4423
Fran joined the faculty at Dana Medical Library in 1999, and currently serves as reference and instruction librarian, with special focus on the preclinical sciences and allied health professions. Prior to earning her MLIS degree, Fran was employed as a clinical laboratory technologist in a variety of hospital and reference laboratories, including the Medical Center Hospital of Vermont and the American Red Cross.
- Master of Library & Information Science (MLIS), University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- B.S. Medical Technology, University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh
- A.A.S. Veterinary Technician, Madison Area Technical College, Madison, WI
- Medical Laboratory & Radiation Sciences
- Communication Sciences & Disorders
- Respiratory Therapy
- University of Vermont Medical Center School of Cytopathology
- Cellular, Molecular & Biomedical Sciences (CMBS)
- Molecular Physiology & Biophysics
- Microbiology & Molecular Genetics
Selected Publications & Presentations
- Delwiche FA. Mapping the Literature of Radiation Therapy. J Med Libr Assoc; 2013 Apr; 101(2). In press.
- Delwiche FA. Health & Wellness Resources for Patients & Families. Presentation at: 117th Vermont Library Conference; 2011 May 24; Colchester, VT.
- Burnham, JF; Delwiche, FA. Schloman, BF, Wakiji, EM. Navigating the Literature: Strategies for Getting Published in Health Sciences Journals and Mapping the Literature of Allied Health. Panel discussion at: 110th Annual Meeting of the Medical Library Association; 2010 May 21-26; Washington, DC.
- Haines LL; Light J; O'Malley D; Delwiche FA. Information-seeking Behavior of Basic Science Researchers: Implications for Library Services. J Med Libr Assoc, 2010 Jan; 98(1):73-81.
- Delwiche FA. Searching MEDLINE Using PubMed. Clin Lab Sci 2008 Winter; 21(1):35-41.
- Delwiche FA. From Case Studies to RCTs: Evaluating Clinical Research Studies. Presentation at: Health Sciences Libraries of New Hampshire & Vermont spring meeting; 2007 Jun 1; Lebanon, NH.
- Delwiche FA; Hall EF. Mapping the Literature of Athletic Training. J Med Libr Assoc; 2007 Apr; 95(2):195-201.
- Delwiche FA; Bianchi NA. Transformation of a Print Reference Collection. Med Ref Serv Q; 2006 Summer; 25(2):21-29.
- Delwiche FA. Mapping the Literature of Clinical Laboratory Science. J Med Libr Assoc; 2003 Jul;91(3):303-310.
- Delwiche FA. Introduction to Resources in Molecular Genetics. Med Ref Serv Q; 2001 Summer; 20(2):33-50.
- Medical Library Association (MLA)
- Member, Nursing & Allied Health Section
- Chair, Mapping the Literature of Allied Health subcommittee
- North Atlantic Health Sciences Libraries
- Health Sciences Libraries of New Hampshire/Vermont
- Vermont Library Association