Frances Delwiche, MLIS, MT (ASCP)
Library Associate Professor,
Dana Medical Library
Office: Dana Medical Library
Phone: (802) 656-4423
Make an Appointment
Fran joined the faculty at Dana Medical Library in 1999, and currently serves as reference and instruction librarian, with special focus on the preclinical sciences and allied health professions. Prior to earning her MLIS degree, Fran was employed as a clinical laboratory technologist in a variety of hospital and reference laboratories, including the Medical Center Hospital of Vermont and the American Red Cross.
- Cellular, Molecular & Biomedical Sciences (CMBS)
- Communication Science & Disorders (CSD)
- Exercise & Movement Science
- Medical Laboratory & Radiation Sciences (MLRS)
- Microbiology & Molecular Genetics (MMG)
- Molecular Physiology & Biophysics (MPBP)
- Master of Library & Information Science (MLIS), University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- B.S. Medical Technology, University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh
- A.A.S. Veterinary Technician, Madison Area Technical College, Madison, WI
Selected Publications & Presentations
- Delwiche FA. Review of Science for Science Librarians: The Challenge of the Zika Virus: An Emerging Arbovirus Disease. Science & Technology Libraries 2016;35(3):183-202. doi:10.1080/0194262X.2016.1192007
- Delwiche FA. Participation of an Academic Health Sciences Library in a University First-Year Summer Read Program. Medical Library Association annual meeting, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, May 15, 2016.
- Delwiche FA. Insights Gained from Analysis of Citations in Clinical Laboratory Science. Clinical Laboratory Science 2016 Winter;29(1):21-27.
- Delwiche FA. Mapping the Literature of Radiation Therapy. Journal of the Medical Library Association. 2013 Apr;101(2):120-7. doi:10.3163/1536-5050.101.2.007
- O'Malley D and Delwiche FA. Aligning Library Instruction with the needs of Basic Sciences Graduate Students: A Case Study. Journal of the Medical Library Association, 2012 Oct;100(4):284-90. doi:10.3163/1536-5050.100.4.010
- Haines LL; Light J; O'Malley D; Delwiche FA. Information-seeking Behavior of Basic Science Researchers: Implications for Library Services. Journal of the Medical Library Association, 2010 Jan;98(1):73-81.
- Delwiche FA. Searching MEDLINE Using PubMed. Clinical Laboratory Science 2008 Winter;21(1):35-41.
- Delwiche FA; Hall EF. Mapping the Literature of Athletic Training. Journal of the Medical Library Association, 2007 Apr;95(2):195-201. doi:10.3163/1536-5050.95.2.195
- Delwiche FA; Bianchi NA. Transformation of a Print Reference Collection. Medical Reference Services Quarterly, 2006 Summer;25(2):21-29.
- Delwiche FA. Mapping the Literature of Clinical Laboratory Science. Journal of the Medical Library Association, 2003 Jul;91(3):303-310.
- Delwiche FA. Introduction to Resources in Molecular Genetics. Medical Reference Services Quarterly, 2001 Summer;20(2):33-50.
- Medical Library Association (MLA)
- Member, Nursing & Allied Health Resources Section
- Member, History of the Health Sciences Section
- North Atlantic Health Sciences Libraries
- Vermont Library Association