- Provide secure access to online Library resources
The use of many UVM resources from off-campus is restricted to University of Vermont students and employees, and University of Vermont Medical Center employees. These resources include databases and electronic journals. The VPN client, running on your home computer, can create a secure connection to the UVM network over the Internet, allowing you to access restricted library materials as if you were an on-site user. VPN also allows access to department file servers.
UVM students, staff and faculty
- Create a secure connection.
- Authenticate the user.
- Install easily (already configured for UVM users).
who want to set up a VPN connection should download the necessary software to their home computer from http://www.uvm.edu/software/
. Look for "AnyConnect VPN Client" and click on "Download". You must use your UVM Network ID for authentication. Go to http://www.uvm.edu/account
if you have questions about your UVM Network ID (NetID). If you don't know what your NetID is, go to the
and search for your name.
Instructions for installing:
Instructions for running:
- Download the VPN file to your Desktop.
- Double-click on the icon.
- The files will install. Accept all the defaults.
- You may need to reboot your computer at this time.
- Connect to the Internet using your regular ISP.
- Locate and run the VPN program.
- When the VPN window opens, enter your UVM NetID and password and click on "Connect".
- Once the client is loaded, you can search the library web site as if you were on campus, gaining access to restricted databases and ejournals.
For other methods of off-campus access to library resources, including access for University of Vermont Medical Center employees, please see Connecting to Dana Library Resources From Off-Campus at http://library.uvm.edu/dana/about/connect.php