- Provide secure access to online Library resources
The use of many UVM resources from off-campus is restricted to University of Vermont students and employees, and FAHC employees. These resources include databases and electronic journals. The VPN client, running on your home computer, can create a secure connection to the UVM network over the Internet, allowing you to access restricted library materials as if you were an on-site user. VPN also allows access to department file servers.
UVM students, staff and faculty
- Create a secure connection.
- Authenticate the user.
- Install easily (already configured for UVM users).
who want to set up a VPN connection should download the necessary software to their home computer from http://www.uvm.edu/software/
. Look for "AnyConnect VPN Client" and click on "Download". You must use your UVM Network ID for authentication. Go to http://www.uvm.edu/account
if you have questions about your UVM Network ID (NetID). If you don't know what your NetID is, go to the
and search for your name.
Instructions for installing:
Instructions for running:
- Download the VPN file to your Desktop.
- Double-click on the icon.
- The files will install. Accept all the defaults.
- You may need to reboot your computer at this time.
- Connect to the Internet using your regular ISP.
- Locate and run the VPN program.
- When the VPN window opens, enter your UVM NetID and password and click on "Connect".
- Once the client is loaded, you can search the library web site as if you were on campus, gaining access to restricted databases and ejournals.
For other methods of off-campus access to library resources, including access for FAHC employees, please see Connecting to Dana Library Resources From Off-Campus at http://library.uvm.edu/dana/about/connect.php