Films & Other Videos
Films with: Žižek, Slavoj
- Children of men
- London, 2027. Humanity has become infertile and no child has been born for 18 years. Science is at loss to explain the reason. Immigration is a crime and refugees are caged like animals. African and East European societies have collapsed and their dwindling populations are migrating toward England and other wealthy nations. Torn apart by nuclear fallout, rampant terrorism and political rebellion. In this climate of nationalistic violence, a London peace activist turned bureaucrat Theo Faron, joins forces with Julian, his revolutionary ex-wife, in order to save mankind by protecting a woman who has mysteriously became pregnant. These three set out on a desperate struggle to deliver the world's only pregnant woman to the Human Project with hope that they can discover the cure for global infertility. As they carefully navigate between the battling forces of military police and a pro-immigration insurgency this small group must endure a death-defying ordeal of urban warfare.
- DVD 4926
- Examined life philosophy is in the street /
- Examined Life takes philosophy into the hustle and bustle of the everyday. The "rock star" philosophers of our time take "walks" through places that hold special resonance for them and their ideas. These places include crowed city streets, deserted alleyways, Central Park, and a garbage dump.
- DVD 7065
- Pervert's guide to cinema
- "A film about cinema itself, with close readings of some of the most intriguing and celebrated films in cinema history. Serving as guide is the charismatic Slovenian philosopher and psychoanalyst Slavoj Žižek, who delves into the hidden language of cinema, uncovering what movies can tell us about ourselves. Structured in three parts, the Pervert's Guide To Cinema offers an introduction to Žižek's ideas on fantasy, reality, sexuality, subjectivity, form and desire. In a striking visual leap, director Sophie Fiennes immerses Žižek into the scenes he discusses. Whether he is unraveling the films of David Lynch, or overturning everything you thought you knew about Hitchcock, Žižek illuminates the screen with his passion, intellect and unfailing sense of humour"--Container.
- DVD 6565
- Pervert's guide to ideology
- "The brilliant philosopher Slavoj Zizek with filmmaker Sophie Fiennes, now using their inventive interpretation of moving pictures to examine ideology. The collective fantasies that shape our beliefs and practices."
- DVD 10169
- Slavoj Žižek, the reality of the virtual
- Slavoj Zizek lectures on belief and on the various forms that belief takes, drawing on Lacanian categories of thought.
- DVD 5811
- Documentary follows the eccentric Slovenian philosopher Slavoj Žižek as he travels around the world lecturing.
- DVD 4326