Films & Other Videos
Films with: Zischler, Hanns
- Clouds of Sils Maria
- At the peak of her international career, Maria Enders is asked to perform in a revival of the play that made her famous twenty years ago. Back then she played the role of an alluring young girl but now she is being asked to step into the older role. With her assistant Maria prepares to play opposite a young Hollywood starlet and finds herself on the other side of the mirror, face to face with an unsettling reflection of herself.
- DVD 11110
- Flammen & Citronen Flame & Citron /
- Copenhagen, 1944. The exploits of Flame and Citron, a duo of assassins with the Danish resistance movement are becoming legendary. They begin by dispatching Danish collaborators and graduate to the occupying Nazis, after which the SS puts bounties on their heads. Their ultimate goal: Gestapo commandant Karl Heinz Hoffmann. As loyal Danes with a hatred of the Nazi occupation, they kill Danes who are collaborating. Flame seems empowered by killing, growing ever more reckless with his tactics. Citron's dread increases almost hourly, as the running, hiding, and furtive meetings with his estranged wife gnaws at his soul. Who can they trust? Who is giving their orders? What if there has been insidious infiltration and their skills are being misused? For these good men, resistance isn't futile, but it does come with its own terrible cost.
- DVD 10291
- Hitlerjunge Salomon Europa Europa /
- The true story of a Jewish teenager who survived World War II by living as a Nazi for 7 years.
- DVD 2226
- It's the 1972 Olympics and PLO terrorists have just kidnapped and murdered 11 Israeli athletes. After the tragic incident is over and several of the terrorists have gone free, the Israeli government of Golda Meir recruits Avner to lead a team of undercover agents to hunt down those responsible throughout Europe, and eliminate them one-by-one. It is physically and emotionally messy work, and conflicts between Avner and his team's handler, Ephraim, over information Avner doesn't want to provide only make things harder. Soon the work starts to take its toll on Avner, especially as it becomes clear that Avner is being hunted in return, and that his family's safety may be in jeopardy.
- DVD 4591
- Paris, Texas
- After having been missing for four years and presumed dead, Travis emerges from the desert near the Texas-Mexico border and collapses at a gas station. His younger brother, Walt, a billboard artist, takes him to Walt's Los Angeles home where Travis' son, Hunter, has lived with Walt and Walt's wife, Anne, since Travis and his wife, Jane, disappeared. Travis reestablishes a relationship with Hunter, finds Jane and brings about a reunion between Jane and Hunter before leaving again. Loosely based on Sam Shepard's Motel Chronicles.
- DVD 8828
- Taking sides
- After Hitler took over power in 1933, many Jewish artists were forced to leave Germany. Wilhelm Furtwängler choose to stay. Though never a member of the party, he was a receipient of honors associated with party membership. However, the conductor often used his position and contacts to save hundreds of Jewish musicians from concentration camps. When U.S. Major Steve Arnold is tasked with the pre-trial investigations, his aim is to prove that the conductor's genius contributed to the Nazi propaganda, while Furtwängler insisted he stayed to bring comfort to the German people with his music.
- DVD 3036