Films & Other Videos
Films with: Young, Rick
- Business of disaster
- Investigates failures by FEMA and insurance companies to properly reimburse New York residents for property damage caused by Superstorm Sandy which devasted the East Coast in 2012. Looks into claims that insurance companies made record profits on personal tragedy.
- DVD 11888
- Lost in detention President Obama's tough immigration enforcement /
- More than one million immigrants have been deported since President Obama took office. Deportations and detentions have reached record levels. The get-tough policy has brought complaints of abuse and harsh treatment. Now viewers can investigate Obama's enforcement strategies and journey into the secretive world of immigrant detention, while getting a penetrating look at who is being detained and what is happening to them.
- DVD 8797
- Poisoned waters
- "More than three decades after the Clean Water Act, two iconic waterways -- the great coastal estuaries of Puget Sound and the Chesapeake Bay -- are in perilous condition. With polluted runoff still flowing in from industry, agriculture and massive suburban development, scientists fear contamination to the food chain and drinking water for millions of people. A growing list of endangered species also is threatened in both estuaries. [This film] examines the rising hazards to human health and the ecosystem and why it's so hard to keep our waters clean." -- Container.
- DVD 7007
- Poverty, politics & profits the housing crisis /
- Looks into reasons why despite billions of dollars going into subsidized housing for the poor, many in need experience difficulty acquiring adequate housing. Explores racial inequality in the housing market.
- DVD 12230