Films & Other Videos
Films with: Young, Brian
- Out of the ordinary Electra Havemeyer Webb and the Shelburne Museum /
- "Electra H. Webb was born in 1888. Her parents taught her to appreciate all types of artwork, but her unique vision enabled her to see the merit in even workaday objects, and she collected items such as hunting decoys, weather vanes and pottery. In 1947, Electra began displaying her collection, and Vermont's Shelburne Museum was born. Family photos and reminiscences tell Electra's story, while art historians explain her vision and show important works."--Synopsis provided by producer
- DVD 11681
- Vermont's past century
- Describes changes in Vermont's way of life during the past century. Includes interviews with Vermonters who have experienced changes such as the coming of electricity and the automobile, women's suffrage, and the flood of 1927, as well as changes in the basic economy with the advent of development in the last half of the century.
- DVD 6574
- Vermonters at war World War II : from home front to front lines /
- "A look at Vermonters who served in World War II, both at home and on the front lines. Soldiers remember basic training and the shock of combat while those who stayed behind recall booming Springfield factories, farms struggling without young men to work them and the rationing and blackouts that made daily life a constant challenge."--Program guide.
- DVD 6567