Films & Other Videos
Films with: Yi, Chʻang-dong
- Milyang Secret sunshine /
- A young woman and her son relocate to the town where her late husband was born in an attempt to rebuild their lives.
- DVD 6648
- Oasisŭ Oasis /
- "Oasis tells the story of two societal misfits (the award winning Moon so-ri and Sŏl, Kyŏng-gu) and their struggle to find love and acceptance. Fate helped brign them together; family fought to keep them apart"--Container.
- DVD 4805
- Pakha satʻang Peppermint candy /
- In the spring of 1999 a distraught and incoherent middle-aged man, Kim Yong-ho, dressed in a tailored business suit, lies along the side of a railroad bridge that overlooks an open field by a lake. Nearby, a loose knit group of friends called the Bong-woo Club, which formed 20 years earlier at the same site during a social gathering of factory employees, are holding their reunion. Yong-ho stumbles into the picnic and is immediately recognized by members of the group as a fellow factory worker. Unable to disconnect himself from his desperate, unarticulated anguish and join in the amusement of his former colleagues, the inconsolable Yong-ho climbs to the railroad tracks and throws himself in front of a passing train, shouting "I am going back." The film then proceeds in reverse chronology through the past 20 years of Yong-ho's life -- from his family's estrangement, financial bankruptcy, traumatic law enforcement career during the 1987 student demonstrations for democratic reform, military service during the crackdown of martial law protestors that led to the tragedy of the 1980 Kwangju massacre, and the loss of his first love, Sun-Nim.
- DVD 4802