Films & Other Videos
Films with: Wilson, Lambert
- Belly of an architect
- Stourley Kracklite, a burly middle-aged American architect, is in Rome to organize a large-scale exhibition of the work of Etienne-Louis Boullee (1728-1799), a visionary French architect. His wife Louisa is along, and a little bored with his cerebral fixations. Surrounded by Roman art and architecture--whose perfect scaling and Classicist surfaces he has always admired--Kracklite is overcome by narcissistic jealousy. Amidst the graceful clean domes, virile statues, and sturdily parallel columns of Roman monuments, Kracklite suspects Louisa of trying to poison him as his prodigious gut begins giving him searing pains. Anxious and paranoid, he's undone by his fear that despite his internal inspirations, an architect is a speck of a thing compared to what he builds--huge, material spectacles that far outlive their progenitors.
- DVD 11953
- Des hommes et des dieux Of gods and men /
- Eight French Christian monks live in harmony with their Muslim brothers in a monastery in the mountains of North Africa in the 1990's. When a crew of foreign workers are massacred by an Islamic fundamentalist group, fear sweeps though the region. The army offers them protection, but the monks refuse. Should they leave? Despite the growing menace in their midst, they slowly realize that they have no choice but to stay, come what may.
- DVD 8186
- Hollow crown. Richard II, Henry IV part 1, Henry IV part 2, Henry V /
- The Hollow crown: New adaptations of Shakespeare's tetralogy of history plays comprising the 'Henriad' for the BBC's 2012 Cultural Olympiad: King Richard; II King Henry IV, Part 1; King Henry IV, Part 2 and King Henry V. The plays chronicle a continuous period in British history from the end of the 14th century to the aftermath of the Battle of Agincourt in 1415. Together, the plays comprise a story with recurring themes of power struggles, redemption, family conflict and betrayal -- IMDB. Pt 1. Prince Hal (Tom Hiddleston) defies his father, King Henry IV (Jeremy Irons) by spending his time at Mistress Quickly's (Julie Walters) tavern in the company of the dissolute Falstaff (Simon Russell Beale) and his companions. The King is threatened by a rebellion led by Hal's rival, Hotspur (Joe Armstrong), his father Northumberland (Alun Armstrong), and his uncle Worcester (David Hayman). During the Battle of Shrewsbury Hal faces Hotspur in mortal combat. Pt 2. Northumberland (Alun Armstrong) is told of the death of his son Hotspur in service of the King (Jeremy Irons). The Lord Chief Justice (Geoffrey Palmer) attempts to separate Falstaff (Simon Russell Beale) from the Prince Hal (Tom Hoddleston). The rebels continue to plot against the crown but their forces are outwitted. This brings comfort to the dying King, who is finally reconciled with his son. Falstaff rushes to Hal's coronation with the expectation of high office. "The newly crowned King of England, Henry V, (Tom Hiddleston) is persuaded by his courtiers including Exeter (Anton Lesser) and York (Paterson Joseph), that he also has a rightful claim to lands in France. The chorus (John Hurt) tells of England's preparations for war and Henry's army sails for France. After Exeter's diplomacy is rebuffed by the French King (Lambert Wilson) Henry lays siege to and captures the town of Harfleur. The French now take Henry's claims seriously and challenge the English army to battle at Agincourt"-- Container. After halting a duel between warring nobles Bolingbroke and Mowbray, Richard II banishes both men from his kingdom. Following the death of Bolingbroke's father, John of Gaunt, Richard seizes his money and land to pay for wars against rebels in Ireland. Bolingbroke returns to claim his birthright and more.
- DVD 9816
- Last September
- In 1920, a young woman struggles with her longings for love and the yearning for freedom as the war for Irish independence escalates around her family of Anglo-Irish aristocrats and their estate in County Cork.
- DVD 2383
- Princesse de Montpensier
- "A sweeping and romantic historical epic"--Container. Set in the 16th century, Marie de Mezieres is deeply in love with her dashing cousin Henri de Guise. However, due to her father's political ambitions, she is forced into a marriage with the well-connected Philippe de Montpensier, who she has never met. When Philippe is called away to fight, she is left in the care of Count Chabannes, an aging nobleman. It isn't long before she is exposed to the sexual and political intrigues of court.
- DVD 10342
- Rabid dogs
- On the main avenue of a crowded city, Sabri grips the steering wheel of his car, eyes fixed anxiously on the bank entrance opposite ... Then, there's a sudden explosion, and three masked men race to the car, bags loaded with stolen cash. Unfortunately, everything is about to go wrong. With the cops right behind them, the car crashes and their boss is killed. Sabri and his accomplices are forced to run. The desperate criminals will stop at nothing to make their escape. Taking a young woman and a father and child hostage, they embark on a crazy, violent road trip that not all of them will survive ...
- DVD 13093