Films & Other Videos
Films with: William, Warren
- "Claudette Colbert gives a stunning performance as the alluring Queen of the Nile in this colossal epic of passion and deception. Determined to exert her power over Julius Caesar, Cleopatra uses her beauty and wit to seduce the Roman leader into leaving his wife for her. After Caesar's downfall, Cleopatra turns her attention to the dashing Marc Antony. But as their passionate love affair threatens the peace of the empire, Cleopatra fights a desperate battle to hold onto her happiness and her throne." From container.
- DVD 9511
- Forbidden Hollywood collection.
- Five classic films that offer a rare glimpse at a lost era of "pre-code" provocative filmmaking.
- DVD 6360
- Gold diggers of 1933
- Dick Powell and Ruby Keeler play two young hopefuls struggling to make it on Broadway. Even falling in love has its hardships, as Powell's high-brow Eastern family is determined to break them (and the show) up. More complications set in when his brother falls for Keeler's wise-cracking roommate.
- DVD 4827
- Imitation of life
- 1934 version: Two single mothers join together to form a successful business, but find that material success does nothing to stabilize their personal lives. 1959 version: Two single mothers, a down-on-her-luck actress and a homeless woman, attempt to find happiness for themselves and their daughters.
- DVD 6344
- Mae West the glamour collection /
- Mae West had an inexhaustibly playful interest in language, and a rare, sometimes perplexing, and even lofty wit, spiced by low-down slang. Well before the second wave of feminism, she wrote all her own material, insisted on total control of her work, and was wildly popular for a short time, right before the Production Code lowered the boom on adult attitudes being expressed in films. She made only 12 movies, but three are first-rate, and these were enough to seal her fame and launch a legend. In her first film appearance, "Night after night," a successful ex-boxer buys a high-class speakeasy and falls for a rich society girl. As the bold Tira in "I'm no angel," she works as a dancing beauty and lion tamer at a fair. For "Goin' to town," West goes Western. Cleo Borden is a former dance hall queen who has become newly rich. She falls for--and pursues--an upper crust Englishman. This is followed by "Go west young man," where she plays Mavis Arden, a movie star stranded in the country. To stifle her boredom, she trifles with a young man's affections. "My little chickadee" pairs West with a legend of similar stature, W.C. Fields. As Flower Belle Lee, she is rightly suspected of illicit relations with the Masked Bandit, and run out of Little Bend. Surprisingly, things change very little when she arrives in Greasewood City to start over.
- DVD 10543
- Wolf man
- A man who returns to the family estate to take over affairs there risks becoming a victim of the centuries-old curse of the werewolf.
- DVD 555