Films & Other Videos
Films with: Weill, Kurt
- 3 groschenoper The 3 penny opera /
- "Set in the impoverished back alleys of Victorian London, The threepenny opera follows underworld antihero Mackie Messer (a.k.a. Mack the Knife) as he tries to woo Polly Peachum and elude the authorities. With a palpable evocation of corruption and dread, set to Weill's irresistible score, The threepenny opera remains a benchmark of early sound cinema." -- container.
- DVD 5091
- One touch of Venus
- A young window dresser's problems begin when he kisses a statue of Venus, which comes to life. This Venus turns out to be the genuine article on an earthly assignment. Her presence causes everyone around her to fall in love, except for the window dresser, who is terrified of her advances toward him. The young man suddenly becomes the object of a furious employer and a jealous fiancée.
- DVD 11945
- Rise and fall of the city of Mahagonny Aufstieg und Fall der Stadt Mahagonny /
- Welcome to Mahagonny, where sin is 'in' and love is always on sale. This Old West boomtown rises from the desert to become a razzle-dazzle mecca for lust and the pursuit of pleasure, where cash is king and poverty is punishable by death.
- DVD 5346