Films & Other Videos
Films with: Watkins, Peter
- Commune [Paris 1871] /
- Explores that famous, brief, romantic, and tragic period when poor and working-class Parisians rose up against the "bourgeois" French national government, which fled the capital and re-established itself in Versailles. As the historical drama unfolds, it is also "covered" by two television news crews - one from "National TV Versailles" which broadcasts the official version and the other from "Commune TV," giving voice to the rebellious Communards.
- DVD 5912
- Edvard Munch
- The life of Norwegian expressionist painter Edvard Munch, the effect his upbringing in Norway had on his work and how his raw, modern work The Scream shocked the bourgeois world.
- DVD 9095
- Gladiatorerna The gladiators /
- To maintain international and internal security and to divert mankind's natural aggression, the UN organizes a series of military games, which are often fought to the death by different teams of crack combat specialists.
- DVD 4470
- Steven Shorter is a rock music phenomenon. His popularity, carefully engineered by his corporate handlers, has reached dizzying proportions. When artist Vanessa Ritchie is hired to paint his portrait, she discovers that he is unhappy and unstable.
- DVD 5911
- Punishment park
- In a desert zone in California, a civilian tribunal sentences groups of dissidents and gives them the option of participating in law enforcement exercises in the Bear Montain National Punishment Park. Now these prisoners have to fight for their lives.
- DVD 4474
- War game Culloden.
- War game: A dramatization of the possible effects of nuclear warfare on Great Britain. Explores the physical damage effects, the psychological effects on the survivors, the societal logic for the existence of nuclear arms, and the attempts to understand how the balance of power keeps atomic weapons in check (49 min.). Culloden: In 1746 Scots fighting for Bonnie Prince Charlie lose to English forces in Scotland at the brutal battle of Culloden (72 min.).
- DVD 4478