Films & Other Videos
Films with: Walbrook, Anton
- A susceptible young woman marries a suave, romantic man never suspecting that he is a murderous scoundrel, obsessed with finding the jewels hidden in their London home. She becomes the helpless victim as he drives her to the brink of insanity.
- DVD 7536
- Life and death of Colonel Blimp
- Based on cartoonist David Low's parody of the old-fashioned British professional soldier, set in his ways and unable to adapt to the brutality of modern war. This story follows the career of Clive Candy, at first an idealistic, young Boer War hero, then a brigadier general, serving honorably in World War I. Finally, by World War II, he has become a bald, overweight, querulous old man, angry that his age and military experience are held in contempt, and bewildered that his lifelong code of gentlemanly conduct has become an anachronism in a world threatened by a monster like Hitler.
- DVD 5629
- Lola Montès
- Depicts, through flashbacks, the life of a famous courtesan, recounted as part of a lavish circus act. The ringmaster introduces and displays Lola Montés who recalls her romances with Franz Liszt, a student, and Ludwig, King of Bavaria before she was reduced by scandal, poverty and ill fortune to her present life as a circus performer.
- DVD 5744
- Red shoes
- Centers on the dilemma of a young ballerina torn between the composer who loves her and the impresario determined to fashion her into a great dancer.
- DVD 528