Films & Other Videos
Films with: Von Stroheim, Erich
- Birth of a nation
- This epic story of the Civil War as seen through the lives of two families is a controversial classic of film history.
- DVD 1205
- Jean Renoir's Grand illusion
- A classic tale of adventure. Duty and honor conflict in a German prisoner of war camp during World War I, when an aristocratic French officer becomes friends with the commandant yet must cooperate with his comrades in a daring escape.
- DVD 18
- Mad love
- Mad love: A famed surgeon adores an actress, but when she turns to him to repair her pianist husband's severed hands, he replaces them with the hands of a murderer. The devil-doll: A Devil's Island escapee poses as a toy shop worker, using secrets of miniaturizing human beings to do his bidding and exact his revenge on those who sent him to prison.
- DVD 6525
- Portrait of an assassin
- Carnival daredevil Fabius is tired of his dangerous job and his nagging wife, whom he jealously suspects of having an affair. A botched attempt to kill her accidentally wounds the seductive carnival owner Catherine, a woman turned on by reckless men. When he falls for Catherine, Fabius decides to stay with the carnival. But he must still deal with his troublesome wife, as well as Eric, one of Catherine's former lovers, now hopelessly paralyzed.
- DVD 1000
- Sunset Blvd.
- Pursued by creditors, Joe swerves into a driveway of a seemingly abandoned Sunset Boulevard mansion. He finds Norma, an ex-screen queen dreaming of a dramatic comeback and her husband/servant living there. She takes a fancy to Joe and, learning that he is a scriptwriter, persuades him to help her with her comeback screenplay. Being broke he accepts. He falls in love with a young script reader, but Norma breaks up their romance. Thinking she is mad, he tries to leave, but Norma kills him in a scene which she believes is the highlight of her comeback movie.
- DVD 3688