Films & Other Videos
Films with: Tukur, Ulrich
- When a newly commissioned SS Lieutenant witnesses the chemical disinfectant he's helped perfect being used to systematically murder interred Jews, he knows he must act. The only sympathetic ear he finds is a young priest with ties to the Vatican. As the two unlikely allies fight to reveal the truth to the Church and world, they discover that a man of conscience can commit treason and a man of God can commit heresy in order to thwart genocide.
- DVD 2520
- Nordwand North face /
- An adventure drama, based on a true story, about a competition to climb the most dangerous rock face in the Alps, the north face of the Eiger. Set in 1936, Nazi propaganda urges German alpinists to conquer the mountain, and two reluctant young climbers, Toni and Andi, attempt a daring ascent, closely followed by two Austrian climbers. All goes well at first, but then the climbers lose their advantage over the mountain and the race against time and forces of nature begins.
- DVD 7541
- The true story of Séraphine Louis, a simple, devout housekeeper who in 1905, at the age of 41, began painting brilliantly colorful canvases. In 1912, a German art critic discovered her paintings while she was working as his maid. Tells the story of the relationship between the avant-garde dealer and the visionary cleaning lady, forging a testament to the mysteries of creativity and the resilience of one woman's spirit.
- DVD 8279
- On a space station orbiting the mysterious planet Solaris, terrified crew members are experiencing a host of strange phenomena, including eerie visitors who seem all too human.
- DVD 1991
- Taking sides
- After Hitler took over power in 1933, many Jewish artists were forced to leave Germany. Wilhelm Furtwängler choose to stay. Though never a member of the party, he was a receipient of honors associated with party membership. However, the conductor often used his position and contacts to save hundreds of Jewish musicians from concentration camps. When U.S. Major Steve Arnold is tasked with the pre-trial investigations, his aim is to prove that the conductor's genius contributed to the Nazi propaganda, while Furtwängler insisted he stayed to bring comfort to the German people with his music.
- DVD 3036
- Weisse Band Eine deutsche Kindergeschichte = The white ribbon /
- In a north German village prior to the outbreak of World War I, strange events, accidents, and deaths are occurring. The village people are beside themselves with worry and can't figure out what to do. After the school teacher starts to unravel the mystery, he discovers that the children of the town may be guilty of the crimes and have formed a secret society that the local pastor's daughter appears to be the leader of.
- DVD 7544