Films & Other Videos
Films with: Travers, Henry
- Alfred Hitchcock's Shadow of a doubt
- A beguiling murderer charms his unsuspecting family, but soon his niece and namesake begins to suspect her uncle is hiding a terrible secret.
- DVD 4384
- Dodge City
- DVD 4494
- Frank Capra's it's a wonderful life
- George Bailey, a desperate and suicidal man, is visited by a guardian angel who shows him how important he has been to those around him in his life.
- DVD 2185
- High Sierra
- A gangster's hard-boiled persona finds itself at war with his compassionate side, a side that will ultimately be his downfall.
- DVD 8524
- Mrs. Miniver
- "This story of an average English middle-class family begins with the summer of 1939; when the sun shone down on a happy, careless people, who worked and played, reared their children and tended their gardens in that happy, easy-going England that was so soon to be fighting desperately for her way of life and for life itself." -- Title screens. [The film] dramatizes the effect of the Second World War on the English at home. Mrs. Kay Miniver's tranquil domestic existence is torn to shreds by the winds of war: her husband, Clem, disappears on a secret volunteer mission; eldest son, Vin, joins the RAF; and the village faces regular German bombings with a typically British stiff-upper-lip. Embodying understated British courage in the face of danger, Mrs. Miniver's mission is to stay alive, and keep her family together with hope, strength, and dignity.
- DVD 10069